Ok, I know, I haven’t posted in over 6 months! How dare I! But last semester was long and challenging…but good news, I GRADUATED!! And now I am officially a grad student.
So then why did I not have oodles and oodles of time to cook over the summer? Because I worked at a wonderful camp called Birch Trail for 9 weeks. Yes, it was amazing. No I did not cook anything while I was there. But it was a great summer!
But onto the important part…the food! As some of you may know, my all-time favorite meal is breakfast. I love eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, french toast, hashbrowns…the whole 9 yards. But I wanted to try something a little different when cooking at home. I got the inspiration for this breakfast pizza from a restaurant I went to with some of my friends over Labor Day weekend called the Armsby Abbey. Although I did not end up ordering the breakfast pizza there, I made a mental note that I had to try making something similar when I got back to my apartment.
So without further ado, here is my version of the Breakfast Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Divide pizza dough into three sections and roll each section into a ball. Roll out each portion of dough into a 9-inch circle
- Prepare the toppings. Slice the mozzarella, chop the bacon, scallions, and tomatoes.
- Place one 9-inch circle of pizza dough on a greased baking sheet and spread the mozzarella in an even layer on the dough. Top with the bacon. Crack an egg in the center of the dough and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the whites of the egg are cooked. Remove pizza from the oven and top with fresh tomatoes and sliced green onions. Repeat with remaining 9-inch dough rounds.
- Enjoy (with others, or by yourself…like I did) 😉
Recipe adapted from cherryonmysundae
I promise that I will try to post as much as possible this semester. Every time I make something I take a picture of it (yes, I’m one of those people), so I might as well put it on my blog too!
I hope this inspires some of you to look at breakfast in a different way! Enjoy!